Integrity Score: 100
No Records Found
No Records Found
Its high time we start preserving & protecting our environment or we ll be doomed.
1. Reduce emissions
Use your car less, whenever possible, instead use sustainable transportation, such as bicycling, or use public transportation more often. In the case of long-distance travel, trains are more sustainable than airplanes, which cause a great deal of the CO2 emitted into the atmosphere. If you're into cars, remember that every kilometer that you increase your speed will considerably increase CO2 emissions and expenses. According to the CE, each liter of fuel that your car uses, equals 2.5 kilos of CO2 emitted into the atmosphere.
2. Save energy
Take a look at the labels on your appliances, and never leave them on standby. Always adjust the thermostat for heating and air conditioning. By being careful how we use home appliances, we can save energy and, of course, money at the end of the month.
3. Put the 3 R's of sustainability into practice
- Reduce: consume less, more efficiently.
- Reuse: take advantage of second-hand markets, to give new life to items that you don't use anymore or find something that someone else has gotten rid of that you need. You'll be saving money and reducing your consumption. Bartering is also a practical solution.
- Recycle: packaging, waste from electronics, etc. Did you know that you can save over 730 kilos of CO2 each year just by recycling half of the garbage produced at home?
4. What about your diet? Eat low-carbon
A low-carbon diet results in smarter consumption:
- Reduce your meat consumption (livestock is one of the biggest contaminators of the atmosphere) and increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat food that is local and in season: read the label and eat food that is produced in the area, avoid imports which create more emissions due to transportation. Also, eat seasonal items, to avoid less sustainable production methods.
- Avoid excessive packaging and processed foods as much as possible.
5. Act against forest loss
- As far as possible, avoid anything that may be a fire hazard.
- If you want to buy wood, choose wood with a certification or seal showing its sustainable origin.
- Plant a tree! Throughout its life, it can absorb up to a ton of CO2.
6. Make demands from the government
Demand that they take measures toward a more sustainable life, any way that you can: promote renewable energy, regulatory